Mortgages are available to foreign nationals from any country with adequate down payment and income.
Beyond the down payment borrowers are expected to provide the following:
- Credible income documentation for the last two years
- Passport for identification purposes
- Credit reports from foreign nationals’ native country and/or U.S. credit bureaus
- Tax identification Number (TIN) as issued by the Internal Revenue Services (IRS)
- Proof of assets for down payment and reserves, sourced from a worldwide financial institution
Note that, because foreign nationals will have a TIN, green cards, work visas and social security numbers are not required. The TIN will be used for tax payments to the U.S. government once annually.